KoYaoIslands.com is the portal where you are able to source all you need to ensure that your holiday on Koh Yao Noi is perfect.
Koh Yao is the group name given to 2 islands Koh Yao Noi and Koh Yao Yai (Noi meaning little in Thai and Yai large).Continue »
About Koh Yao
Koh Yao Noi Weather
Things To Do
Koh Yao Sea Kayak Regatta 2011
On October the 25th 2011 the International Surfski & Sea Kayak Event will start from Koyao Noi Island off Phuket – Phang Nga, Thailand.
The objective of the event is to raise funds for the 2004 Tsunami youth victims.
- To promote the ecological way of sports and recreations in Phang Nga bay and Andaman sea of Thailand,
- To develop the Canoe Ocean Racing and Sea Kayak touring according to the International Canoe Federation / ICF in Thailand and South East Asia countries,
- To establish the Canoe Ocean Racing Training Center in Koh Panyi and Koh Yao, Phang Nga, Thailand,
- To support the including of Canoe Ocean Competition in the 4th Asian Beach Games, 2014,Phuket, Thailand
The hosting groups are:
- Phang Nga District & Province
- Koh Yao Yai District
- Prunai District
- Koh Panyi District
- Phang Nga Provincial Administration
- Phang Nga Sport Association
- Tourism Authority of Thailand
- Rowing and Canoeing Association of Thailand
Tentative Schedule :
September 10,2011 : Numerical Entry & Boat Rental notification.
October 11, 2011 : Nominal Entry and arrival information.
October 22, 2011 : Official Arrival & Training.
October 24, 2011: At Lo Chak Pier, Koh Yao Yai, Phang Nga.
• Boat control & course survey
• Team manager meeting and drawing the starting position
• Opening ceremony and welcome party
October 25, 2011 :
08:30 Race start Lo Chak Pier, Koh Yao Yai, Phang Nga
12:30 Award winning and closing ceremony.
Race instructions: Rule ICF Ocean Racing Rule 2011
Map of the course
Start Oct.25,2011 0830 am.
For Surf ski Men 25 km., beach Le Mans Start at the beach close to Lo Chak Pier, Koh Yao Yai,
Phang Nga, Thailand. For 17 km. categories the boats and the athletes will be brought to the starting point at Koh Khai Nok,
for 4 km. categories the starting point is Koh Khai Nai.
Classes and distance of races:
Surf ski Boat
1. SS 1 M : Surf Ski Men Single 25 km.
2. SS 1 W : Surf Ski Women Single 17 km.
Sea Kayak Boat (One design boat race .sit inside PE boat MV 500 http://www.feelfreekayak.com )
3. SK 1 M : Sea kayak Men Single 17 km.
4. SK 1 W : Sea kayak Women Single 17 km.
5. SK 1 JM : Sea kayak Junior Men Single 17 km.
6. SK 1 J W : Sea kayak Junior Women Single 17 km.
Recreation Tandem Sit on Kayak boat 4.0 km.(Gemini ® http://www.feelfreekayak.com)
7. SKR 2 Men : Recreation Sit On kayak Men Double 4.0 km.
8. SKR 2 Women : Recreation Sit On kayak Women Double 4.0 km.
9. SKR 1 Mix : Recreation Sit On kayak Mix Double 4.0 km.
• Surf ski boat no boat limitation
• Sea Kayak – Sit inside : MV500 ® : Length 512 cm., weight 23 kg., Polyethylene : www.feelfreekayak.com
• Recreation sit on top tandem kayak : Gemini ® Length 370 cm., weight 32 kg., Poly ethylene : www.feelfreekayak.com
Boat rental : For the whole race, October 22 – 25, 2011;
Surf ski : 2,000.- Baht (app.67 USD)
Sea Kayak : MV500 ® FeelFreeKayak, 1,500.- Baht(app.50 USD) http://www.feelfreekayak.com
Recreation sit on top kayak : Gemini ®, 1,000.- Baht(app.33 USD) http://www.feelfreekayak.com
Race course : For 25 km., Surf ski-men will be circumnavigation racing course, the starting and finishing line are the beach at
the Lo Chak Pier,Koh Yao Yai, south west of the island, the starting time is 08:30 am., Oct. 25, 2011 . For the 17 km. starting
point is Koh Khai Nok, starting time will follow after the Surf ski men have portaged by.
Nature of the course: There is south west wind 5-7 knot/hr. , the temperature is 24 – 30 degree C., the average rain falls are
304 mm./month. The highest and lowest water level prediction at Koh Thaphoa Noi, Phuket on October 25, 2011 are
0300 hr. 1.02 m.
0904 hr. 3.18 m.
1515 hr. 0.81 m.
2132 hr. 3.43 m.
Entry Fees: There is no entry fee.
Accommodation & Meals :
Prunai District Administration has prepared a package lodging, triple or double bed room accommodation with three meals 30.- USD per day per person, including transportation from the hotel to the venue, the transportation cost from the Phuket Airport to the Koh Yao Yai and the hotel will be 25.- USD both from and through the airport.
Please contact the Prunai District office for reservation ; firstname.lastname@example.org Note : The numerical entry form is an attached file with this announcement.
Address to which entries should be sent.
The Rowing & Canoeing Association of Thailand c/o Sport Authority of Thailand ,
2088 Rankhumhang Road,
email@example.com Fax. +662 369 1511
Last date for receiving entries: October 10, 2011